What’s special about live music?
Why do we gather together to listen to it?
What part does the audience play in a live performance?
Why not…just stay at home and stick a recording on?
During Common Sound Scottish Ensemble will be exploring these questions through live performance and conversation, guided by BBC 6 Music DJ and Psychotherapist Nemone.
Alongside thought-provoking words from Nemone, they’ll be playing short sets that will range from gut-wrenchingly beautiful Bach through to hypnotic Steve Reich, as well as music by Jonny Greenwood and Caroline Shaw.
As we gather again for live performance this is a timely and powerful reminder of what it means to gather on Common Sound.
- Wojciech Kilar Orawa
- Jonny Greenwood Proven Lands
- Steve Reich Excerpts from Triple Quartet
- François Couperin Les Barricades Mystérieuses
- JS Bach Erbarm dich mein, o Herre Gott
- Caroline Shaw The Orangery from Plan and Elevation
- Peter Sculthorpe Estatico from Third Sonata for Strings
This performance will be socially distanced with the venue operating with a limited capacity.
This performance will operate with a normal capacity but we’ll still be observing pandemic protocols including enhanced building cleaning and kindly requesting guests to wear face coverings if they can.