Coventry - Where we are
The Assembly Festival Garden sits at the heart of Coventry city centre in an exciting regeneration district adjacent to the Herbert Art Gallery and Museum bounded by Earl Street, Little Park Street and Much Park Street.
Located less than 15 minutes’ walk away from Coventry train and bus stations, the Festival Garden is well connected to the West Midlands and the UK as a whole.
If you have any access requirements check out our dedicated accessibility guide to the Garden.
- Monday – Closed except for special events
- Tuesday – 12pm until late
- Wednesday – 12pm until late
- Thursday – 12pm until late
- Friday – 12pm until late
- Saturday – 12pm until late
- Sunday – 12pm until late
The Garden is free to enter.
- Tuesday 14 Sept – 15:00 until late
- Wednesday 15 Sept – 15:00 until late
- Thursday 16 Sept – 13:00 until late
- Friday 17 Sept – 13:00 until late
- Saturday 18 Sept – 10:00 until late
- Sunday 19 Sept – 12:00 until late
How to get here
On foot 🚶♀️
There are two main entrances to the Garden, one to the west and one to the east. The western entrance is located on Little Park Street, CV1 2LU and at what3words ///like.stage.finely.
We’re just two minutes’ walk from Coventry Cathedral and the Herbert Art Gallery so just head there and you can’t miss us!
By bus 🚌
The Garden is located approximately 10 minutes’ walk from Pool Meadow bus station and is also within walking distance of a number of local bus stops. National Express operate the majority of bus services in the city so check out their interactive journey planner to discover the quickest route to the Garden. Alternatively, check out the West Midlands Network’s new journey planner tool.
By car 🚙
Parking near the Garden
There are a number of on-street and multi-storey parking options located near the Garden. Explore the local parking map.
Park and ride
There is a Park and Ride facility at War Memorial Park, Kenilworth Road, CV3 6PT. It is open from 06:00–20:00.
Blue Badge Parking
Blue Badge holders can park for free in Coventry City Council car parks and bays. There are two disabled parking spaces located on the western side of the Garden on Little Park Street at what3words ///likely.lives.scan. If these spaces are occupied, the nearest alternative is the Salt Lane multi-storey car park which can be accessed from Little Park Street and is located at what3words ///salt.jobs.office.
By bike 🚲
There are a number of bike storage racks by the University campus buildings to the east of the Garden by Much Park Street. Explore the University’s bicycle parking guide and map. There is also a West Midlands Cycle Hire docking station located in front of the Herbert Art Gallery on Earl Street at what3words ///rails.tinsel.yarn.
By train 🚄
We’re less than 15 minutes walk from Coventry railway station which is served by:
- London Northwestern Railway – stopping services to/from London, Northampton and Birmingham.
- West Midlands Railway – local services to Rugby, Stafford, Nuneaton and Leamington.
- Avanti West Coast – intercity services on the West Coast Mainline to Birmingham, London, Preston, Lancaster, Carlisle, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
- CrossCountry – cross-country intercity services to Manchester, Wolverhampton, Oxford, Southampton and Reading.
Tickets for all railway journeys in the United Kingdom can be purchased from any operator.